As I break for a quickie repast, I cast my eyes across the blogosphere and they fell upon these comedic gems over at Ironic Catholic, under the heading of “Theological Trash Talk.” (I just know that some of my priest friends — you know who you are — will appreciate a few of these in particular.)
- You lovable gravely disordered noodlehead
- Yeah, you. This is your conscience. This is your conscience on drugs. Any questions?
- You’ve really got your transcendental Thomist freak goin’ on
- You’re such a cross between a Jansenist and a Cathar. Yeah, pun intended, pharisaic punk
- Your similitudo dei needed an elephantine spit shine when you were born
- Yo momma’s like St. Monica without her faith
- When you got baptized, that chrism oil curdled on your forehead like rancid salad dressing
- Dude, you have free will. That Freebird song don’t have nothin’ to do with it. And Lynyrd Skynyrd ain’t no theologians
- When you received the gifts of the Holy Spirit, you asked for a receipt
- You so messed up, you thought “intrinsically disordered” was a self-canceling pizza delivery
1) It’s time for you to go a little heavier on theexitus and a lot lighter on the reditus.